Submitted by Marco Stetich of North Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1 goose breast, skinned
- 1 can of 7-up
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. coarse-ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 heaping tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 buttons fresh garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Thai chili-pepper paste in oil
- 1/2 head finely sliced napa cabbage
- Cut goose breast lengthwise in 3/4-inch-wide cutlets.
- Slice cutlets lengthwise again into 1 1/2-inch strips.
- Marinate in 7-up and soy sauce for 1-2 hours.
- Dipping Sauce #1: Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and fresh garlic in small bowl. Mix until creamy. Add cilantro and mix. Keep cool until ready to use.
- Dipping Sauce #2: Combine peanut butter and Thai chili-pepper paste in oil. Mix well. If too thick, stir in about 1/3 oz. water and heat in microwave for 15 seconds. Stir again and repeat if needed.
- Remove goose strips from marinade and discard marinade. Put strips in bowl, pour over olive oil and mix.
- Place strips on kabob skewers, laying the meat out flat. Place on platter, sprinkling both sides with black pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook goose skewers on preheated barbecue grill on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side. Cook to medium-rare or medium. Use grill spray to keep the meat from sticking.
- Place cabbage on platter then lay strips on top. Salt to taste and serve with sauces.