Try this soup with wild rice recipe for your ducks.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cooked duck leg meat
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped ham
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and sauté until tender.
- Add the flour and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth gradually, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the rice, duck, ham, carrots, almonds, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the half-and-half and cook just until heated through.
Note: Some grocery stores carry canned wild rice, which saves having to cook the rice.