Submitted by Byron Prest of Belle Chasse, Louisianna
- 1 specklebelly goose
- 1 turkey brown 'n bag
- 3 oranges
- 3 apples
- 3 onions
- Granulated garlic
- Coarse-ground black pepper
- Seasoned chicken broth
- All-purpose flour
- Worcestershire sauce
- Wash goose inside and out. Season with garlic powder, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce to taste.
- Cut 1 apple, 1 orange and 1 onion and place inside goose.
- Put goose inside zip-top bag in fridge overnight.
- When ready to cook, prepare the brown 'n bag by placing 1 tsp. of flour in the bag and shaking bag in pan.
- Place goose inside bag. Cut onions, apples and oranges in slices. Place them on top and around the goose.
- Pour drippings from zip-top bag on goose. Add 16 oz. of seasoned chicken broth to the cavity and around the goose.
- Seal the bag, poke holes in it and place it in a 350-degree oven for 2 hours or until falling off the bone.
- Serve with rice and wine—suggestion: Rutherford Hill Merlot.