When you join Ducks Unlimited, you demonstrate your care and concern for wetlands and waterfowl conservation. Now, you can help DU ensure the future of these beloved resources for your children and your grandchildren by joining the Feather Society. The members of this prestigious group of DU supporters choose to include Ducks Unlimited in their estate plans. Careful planning often allows Feather Society members to enjoy substantial tax advantages while supporting DU’s vital conservation mission.
Giving to Ducks Unlimited through the Feather Society shows your commitment to our noble mission – conserving, restoring, and managing wetlands and associated habitats for North America’s waterfowl. These habitats also benefit other wildlife and people.
When you become a member of the Feather Society you will:
• Receive a handcrafted lapel pin or pendant
• Receive acknowledgement in DU’s Annual Report
• Silver: $1 to $99,999
• Gold: $100,000 to $249,999
• Emerald: $250,000 to $499,999
• Platinum: $500,000 to $999,999
• Diamond: $1,000,000 to $4,999,999
• Legacy Conservation Pioneer: $5,000,000 to $9,999,999
• Legacy Waterfowl Patron: $10,000,000 to $19,999,999
• Legacy Wetlands Guardian: $20,000,000 and above
Ways to Leave a Legacy:
• Wills - an excellent way to provide not only for your loved ones,
but also to support Ducks Unlimited with a bequest of a specific dollar
amount, specific property or a percentage or all of "what's left."
• Life Insurance - one of the simplest ways to make a significant gift in the
future is by naming DU as beneficiary to receive all or a portion of the
proceeds of an existing or new policy.
• Retirement Plan - offers a variety of tax-advantaged ways to use
IRA/401K or other tax-qualified retirement plan assets in charitable gift
• Trusts - facilitate the giving of property, consolidate assets for estate
administration, create control, provide tax-planning alternatives and deal
with issues of mental or physical incapacity.
• Land/Real Estate - Do you own a home or other property you no longer
want? Make a charitable gift of it to DU and you could avoid capital gains
and provide tax-favorable income for yourself.
• Charitable Gift Annuity - fund with cash or appreciated assets and benefit
from an immediate charitable tax deduction and immediate or deferred
Make a commitment to future generations - join Feather Society
To establish your planned gift, or to receive additional information, please contact Chris Cole, Managing Director of Gift Planning, at 901-758-3875 or visit www.ducksgift.org