The Ducks Unlimited(DU) National Scholarship Program application period will open on October 15, 2018 and close on March 1, 2019. The following information will guide you in completing the scholarship application. You will need all the below required materials to complete your application. Do not start your application without these materials, as your progress will not be saved. When you add an attachment file, you must click the upload button after attaching the file before moving forward.
Requirements/Documents needed to apply:
Active Ducks Unlimited member (you will need your DU membership number)
- Current member: Call the membership services line at 1-800-453-8257 to get your member ID number
- If you need to renew/join please contact our membership line at 1-800-453-8257. Indicate you are calling for the scholarship program. Be sure to provide your email address. Your ID number will be emailed to you in 1-2 business days.
Must be a graduating high school senior in the Spring of 2019
Copy of your most recent high school transcript
- GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum 3.0 weighted GPA is required
- If your school uses a different format for GPA that is not on a 4.0 scale please provide us with an explanation/conversion to show your GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Minimum of one letter of recommendation is required (PDF file)
- Option to attach up to three
Required resume of awards, personal recognition, and/or leadership service in your community or school (PDF file)
Required essay: Describe in 500 words or less on the following topic (PDF file):
- How have your outdoor experiences contributed to your understanding of the importance of wetlands, and what are the ways in which you have acted and/or intend to act on this knowledge?
Only applications submitted through the ducks.org website application portal will be accepted and reviewed for scholarship consideration, no mailed or emailed applications will be accepted.
Any questions regarding the DU scholarship application please contact Logan Nevins at firstname.lastname@example.org, 901-758-3894 or Mark Horobetz at email@example.com, 901-758-3892.