Dear Friends of the Ducks,
During this holiday season, we want to express our deep gratitude to you, our loyal and ardent supporters. Without the generosity and leadership of individuals like you, our mission, quite possibly, would be at a standstill. For us at DU, your unwavering support has helped sustain the organization during the pandemic. When our spring events ceased, we greatly adjusted our fundraising program and you stayed with us.
Planning significant events during these uncertain times has not been without challenges. Our national convention, DU's premier annual event, requires months of advance planning. Our convention team, including a core of Louisiana leaders, have been busy planning amidst this challenging climate. The New Orleans Marriott, our hotel partner, has an exceptional safety protocol in place, and our nation is moving forward with promising news on a vaccine. It appears we will be all systems go, and we could not be happier!
We hope your plans are to join us in New Orleans, June 2-5, 2021, for DU's 84th Annual Convention. We have much to celebrate! In the coming months we will share additional information with you, please check convention.ducks.org to stay up to date. In the meantime, here is a glimpse of what we have in store for you:
- Tuesday, June 1 – Pre-convention costal Redfish fishing tournament
- Wednesday, June 2 – DU Louisiana's Famous Roadkill Cookoff at Mardi Gras World
Feast on some of Louisiana's finest cuisine as we gather along the Mississippi River for a wonderful homecoming along with local music and Louisiana hospitality!
- Thursday, June 3 - Committee meetings, DU's Board of Directors Meeting and dinner on your own
- Friday, June 4 – General Session I, Wings Over Wetlands Celebration Dinner
- Saturday, June 5 – General Session II, DU's 84th Annual Gala, Auction and Dance
Stay well and enjoy the holidays! We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans next June!
Director of National Meetings and Conferences