Dear Friends of the Ducks,
It comes as no surprise that planning a significant event during these times has challenges. Our national convention, DU's premier annual event, requires months of advance planning. Our convention team, including a core of Louisiana leaders, have been busy planning amidst this uncertain climate. The New Orleans Marriott, our hotel partner, has an exceptional safety protocol in place, and our nation is accelerating the deployment of Covid-19 vaccines. We are optimistically anticipating DU’s Annual National Convention will take place in New Orleans.
The decision on when to meet will be decided upon by our board of directors and senior staff at our winter board meeting, March 11-13. We hope your plans are to join us in New Orleans for DU's 84th Annual Convention once final details are set. We have much to celebrate and catch up on!
In the meantime, here is a glimpse of what we have in store for you:
- Pre-convention costal Redfish fishing tournament
- DU Louisiana's Famous Roadkill Cookoff at Mardi Gras World
Feast on some of Louisiana's finest cuisine as we gather along the Mississippi River for a wonderful homecoming along with local music and Louisiana hospitality!
- Committee meetings, DU's Board of Directors Meeting and dinner on your own
- General Session I, Wings Over Wetlands Celebration Dinner
- General Session II, DU's 84th Annual Gala, Auction and Dance
Stay well and get ready, the Big Easy is calling!
Director of National Meetings and Conferences