Redhead Extreme 5mm waders 1000 Thinsulate

https://www.ducks.org/news-media/messageboards/Topic658392.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By CocoTN - 12/5/2008 1:08:12 PM
What are ya'lls opinion on these? Are they worth buying? Thanks
By rtcbob - 12/5/2008 5:11:06 PM
I've had basically those waders for 4 or 5 seasons now.  Been very happy w/ them but they are about to be retired.  They are starting to seep water thru the seems.  I was very pleased w/ that many seasons outta a pair that sees quite a bit of abuse.
By Brd Hntr - 12/5/2008 5:36:30 PM
For my birthday in June I got a pair of Mad Dog DU edition 5mm waders with 1200g Thinsulate.  I hunted with them for one season now and I absoululty love them.  I used to wear a pair of bibs out to my friends pothole because I never had to go in the water.  I wore my waders this year instead.  The thing I am not to happy about is I got velcro straps because the buckles would be right where I shouldered my gun but they are not strong enough to hold a shell holder that holds 24 shells.  That is my only complaint. 
By woodie112 - 12/9/2008 1:32:31 PM
I've had the Bone Dry 1000's for about 5 seasons now!  Never had a leak!!  Never been cold!!  Only downfall is the weight!  Don't plan on doing a lot of walking in them!
By JohnoV - 12/10/2008 3:58:45 PM
I have the Mad Dog 5mm and they seem to be holding up pretty well. I am also not hunting in the xtreme cold here in New Mex Like some of you in them colder states. In fact sometimes I wish I would have gone thinner. Any way no complaints with mad dog.
By jc17 - 12/10/2008 5:29:26 PM
i hunt in 400 gram waders in half froze water and " my opinion" s to get the longwader socks with the hand warmer pocket on them. you keep your feet and hands warm and dry you can go from sun up to sun down
By Brd Hntr - 12/12/2008 9:50:58 AM
Just remeber to get them a little big so that you don't cut off your circulation.  That is why I froze in my old waders.   
By USMC0805 - 12/10/2012 7:57:28 AM
The Redhead Extreme series 1000g Bone Dry waders are excellent waders, I have worked in the Wader area at Bass Pro Shops in Harrisburg PA for almost 8 years and out of all other brands, insulations and styles in a 5mm neoprene, these are without a doubt the top of the line and one of our best selling. I use Redhead and trust the brand bc it works and is consistently reliable, however just like everything, sometimes mistakes can happen in manufacturing, Ive seen it happen in Drake,Pro Line, Simms, and other leading names and if after a few seasons like some of the other guys have said the waders may begin to leak at the seams, buy a tube of Proseal and patch it up its a flexible poly cement that is dynamic and can be applied to almost any surface. I will tell you that these waders again are top notch, if you or anyone has any questions on any Redhead or Bass Pro Shops brand hunting or fishing gear please feel free to contact me.

Adam Pennartz

"We all live downstream"

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff