Ducks Unlimited in Garrison, Minnesota, will sponsor its 17th annual Fishing for Ducks ice fishing contest in partnership with Clam on Mille Lacs Lake the weekend of Feb. 19-21.
A new format for the 2021 event will feature multiple contest sites to adhere to COVID-19 safety protocols, ensuring safe conditions for this family-friendly event.
Fishing for Ducks is one of largest attended Ducks Unlimited events in the nation. Last year participants enjoyed fishing, food, prizes and music on the frozen lake and raised $200,000 for wetlands conservation.
The contest offers more than $100,000 in prizes plus on-ice raffles, including $20,000 for first place.
The format for 2021:
- Each day will feature two flights, or groups, of anglers, across multiple fishing sites.
- Flight No.1 each day is from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Flight No.2 each day is from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Each flight will have multiple contests. Each contest will have its own fishing area, parking area and leaderboard. The top 10 heaviest fish per fight will win prizes.
- Participants will only compete against other anglers in their flight.
- Overall grand prize will be the heaviest fish caught throughout all sites and flights over the entire weekend.
- Contestants can fish as many flights as they want.
- Price is $40 per hole per entry. Paid participants may purchase a second hole per flight for $30. Limit two holes total per participant per flight.
Each fishing site will have its own designated contest area and parking lot. Two contest entry points are available, Garrison Sports and Myr Mar Marina
Proceeds benefit conservation efforts by Ducks Unlimited, the world’s largest wetlands and waterfowl conservation organization.
For rules, tickets and photos of previous events, visit www.fishingforducks.org or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fishingforducks.