Digital Fundraising Specialist
DU National Headquarters – Memphis, TN
The Digital Fundraising Specialist is responsible for growing the DU online audience and revenue through the development and implementation of digital fundraising strategies. In particular, this person will focus on creating, executing and analyzing campaigns on DU's various digital platforms to drive fundraising revenue and membership.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Media & Marketing, this position will work closely with Digital Media and Direct Response teams to effectively manage hundreds of digital campaigns each year.
Since Ducks Unlimited began online fundraising in 2007, the Digital Media & Marketing team has worked closely with the Direct Response team to execute digital campaigns. During this time, more than $24 million has been raised through website and email solicitations. However, as DU's social media footprint has expanded in recent years, fundraising efforts on Facebook alone have generated nearly $2 million and more than 50,000 members.
Looking ahead, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and other channels will continue to offer unique opportunities that will impact bottom line financials. As these efforts increase, the Digital Fundraising Specialist will be responsible for developing, executing and measuring social media and other online campaigns, with specific emphasis on Direct Response digital fundraising.
- Generate unique ideas for fundraising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. with a keen understanding of the differences between each platform and how people engage with each
- Set up dedicated landing pages for membership and fundraising offers using CMS
- Create and measure membership and fundraising campaigns using Facebook Ads
- Working closely with the Direct Response team, develop and manage targeted email fundraising campaigns
- Enhance the donor/member customer experience through the development of specific acknowledgement and on-boarding strategies
- Develop new custom and lookalike audiences
- Create retargeting campaigns based on user behavior and activities on the DU website, mobile app, email, etc.
- Provide in-depth reports and analysis to direct response staff
- Manage overall digital marketing calendar
- Execute conversion testing using split and multivariate models within Facebook ads
- Access digital assets (photos, video, etc.) for social media and email campaigns
- Provide support for annual year-end fundraising campaign
- Analyze Google Analytics and other software to measure results and provide recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate with vendors to manage Google/Bing PPC campaigns
- Provide recommendations for new campaigns based on other digital marketing programs
- Collaborate with Digital Media Editorial staff to schedule campaigns in a busy editorial calendar
- Create new ideas for digital campaigns based on the latest trends in social media
- Work closely with Digital Media Specialist to optimize and analyze direct response email campaigns
- Assist in other digital communication and marketing projects as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Digital Marketing, MIS, Communications or related major
- Outstanding communication abilities: Written, oral and presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.
- 1 or more years of experience using Facebook Ad Manager
- 1 or more years of experience creating, deploying and measuring email marketing campaigns
- 1-2 years of experience using website content management tools (proprietary or commercial software)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of the role mobile apps and devices play
- Proficient with Photoshop or similar graphic editing software
- Working knowledge and general understanding of HTML, CSS
- Experience using Google Analytics to measure website
- Previous experience working in the non-profit sector considered a plus
- Familiarity with conservation and waterfowl hunting considered a plus
- Familiarity with Blackbaud CRM considered a plus
To apply internally as an employee, log into https://workforcenow.adp.com with your employee credentials, click MYSELF, TALENT, CAREER CENTER and follow the prompts to APPLY. For further information regarding this position please contact Anthony Jones at email@example.com.