July is a great month to take stock of gear items and equipment you may need to replace. The DU Newsletter editorial team has found several new items for boats, dogs, and for the waterfowl hunter who has everything.
Yamaha – Viking EPS Side-by-Side (SxS)
Yamaha announced the new Viking Side-by-Side in June, combining durability and functionality with the comfort of a side-by-side model. The all-terrain, multi-purpose vehicle will make trips to the duck blind a breeze this fall.
- 686cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
- Electric Power Steering
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Electric Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking
- L, H, N, R Yamaha On-Command pushbutton
- 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive Independent double wishbone;
- 8.1-in travel
- Dual hydraulic disc
- 9.7 gallon gas tank
- Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer,dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge
- Hunter Green; Red; Steel Blue; Realtree®AP HD
For more information on the Viking (SXS) visit Yamaha Outdoors.
Plano® Shotshell Ammo Boxes
Keep your shells secure and dry with Plano's Shotshell Ammo Boxes. These rugged, hard-plastic ammunition boxes will hold 25 shells in individual slots.
- 3.5" 12- and 16-gauge – Holds up to 3.5" shells; 5.63" x 5" x 3.5"
- 3" 12- and 16-gauge – Holds 2.75" and 3" shells; 5.63" x 5" x 3"
- 20 gauge – Holds 2.75" and 3" shells; 5" x 4.63" x 3"
For more information, visit www.cabelas.com.
MoMarsh – Shallow Water Systems – Invisichair Blind
MoMarsh launches a new individual blind, designed to hide a waterfowler in vertical cover. Filling a void in the portable blind market, the Invisichair Blind offers concealment, comfort and mobility in what has been a tough hunting situation.
- Mobile, portable
- Lightweight (22 pounds)
- Adjustable for water depths to 34″
- Blind is adjustable for hunter size
- Spring open top for unobstructed shooting
- Mesh blind top for good visibility
- Shoot while sitting or standing
- Storage bags for dead ducks and gear
- Webbing straps for adding vegetation
For more information on the Invisichair, visit www.momarsh.com.
Styx River – Neo Mats 5 x 10 foot Boat Carpet
Improve your duck boat every off season by making slight adjustments. Utilizing Styx River boat mats protects your boat from tough conditions and conceals it from ducks overhead. Other than duck boats, these mats have multiple functions throughout the waterfowling world.
- Neo Mats are designed to conceal, reduce noise insulate from hot and cold surfaces
- Protect finishes
- Needs no adhesive and absorbs less than 5 percent of their own weight in water
- Offered in many camo patterns
For more information on Styx River Neo mats, visit www.mackspw.com.
Lifeproof – Nüüd iPhone 5 Case
Waterfowl hunting lends itself to wet conditions, and getting a mobile device wet used to mean a total loss. Lifeproof's Nüüd is the newest waterproof and shockproof case for the iPhone 5. This case may offer the protection needed to avoid losing your device this fall.
- Screen-less technology lets you touch your iPhone 5's actual touch screen
- Fully submersible to 6.6 feet
- Survives drops from up to 6.6 feet
- Totally sealed from dirt, dust, snow and ice
- Complete access to touch screen, plus all buttons, ports and controls
- Maximum sound output and clarity
- Anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
- Includes optional scratch protectors
- Your nüüd for iPhone 5 is backed by a 1-year warranty
For more information, or to look for cases for other devices, visit www.lifeproof.com.
ORCA Coolers – 58 quart
The roto-molded cooler market continues to evolve, and the Outdoor Recreation Company of America (ORCA) recently released three new sizes to fit your outdoor needs. The 58-quart ORCA has the storage capacity for long trips and its size offers the mobility to take it anywhere. ORCA is also offering a 26-quart, 75-quart and 140-quart options in multiple colors.
Featuers for 58-quart:
- Durable, roto-molded construction
- Integrated insulation for maximum ice/cold retention and freshness of your stowed items for up to 10 days
- Lid gasket to ensure a perfect seal
- Extendable flex-grip handles for comfortable solo or tandem portage
- Cargo net attachment for added storage
- Easy-flow drainage spout
- Inside: 18.5" x 12.3" x 13.375"
- Outside: 27.2" x 19.57" x 18.75"
For more information on ORCA coolers, visit www.orcacoolers.com.
MoMarsh – Shallow Water Systems – Invisilab – Dog Blind
Hiding your waterfowl retriever in flooded vegetation has been problematic, but MoMarsh's Invisilab Dog Blind has solved this issue. The Invisilab blind offers full concealment for your retriever in flooded vegetation – up to 34-inches – along with the ability to fold the legs and use it as a field blind, or a travel crate. This versatile dog blind has multiple uses in any waterfowler's arsenal.
- Portable, mobile, lightweight (13 pounds)
- Only dog blind that works in the field and in water – depths to 34"
- Keeps your dog out of mud and off frozen ground as a field blind
- Blind is built into the stand
- Can be zipped shut to function as a crate for transport
- An extra invisilab blind functions as a place to store gear in the marsh out of the water (blind bags, lunch, batteries, etc.)
- Mesh bottom drains and provides slip proof footing
- Individually adjustable legs give it great stability in deeper water
- Year-round training tool
For more information on MoMarsh's Shallow Water Systems, visit www.momarsh.com.