The ability to create quality images and video from the duck blind has improved as technology provides waterfowl hunters with professional-grade cameras at reasonable prices. Camera equipment in the blind is as varied as shotshell choice or camouflage patterns, yet many hunters are missing key items to document their hunts effectively. The DU Newsletter editorial team selected several gear pieces that may allow you to improve the images and video you work hard to capture.
Vanguard – ABEO 283AV Aluminum Tripod with Video Head
Professional photographers and videographers understand the importance of getting their camera on a tripod. Using a tripod of any kind may improve the quality of your images and remove the "shakiness" from your videos.
- Impressive support for a heavy loading weight
- Legs individually adjust to 25-, 50- and 80-degree angles with an ergonomic button
- Rubber feet for changing terrains
- Thick foam on legs ensures a secure grip even in slippery weather
- Anti-twist central column stays in position
For more information, visit www.vanguardworld.com
Pelican ProGear™ S140 Sport Elite Tablet Backpack
Pelican ProGear's S140 Sport Elite tablet backpack provides the necessary protection for your iPad or other tablet computer when you're out in the field.
- Built-in, watertight, crushproof case (top loading, fast access, TSA ready and under-seat convenient)
- SureGrip soft rubber handle
- Rigid front plate
- Padded lumbar storage cavity
- 20.5-liter main storage
- Chest clip and removable hip belt
- Floating shoulder straps and lumbar pad with ergonomic ventilated back
For more information, visit www.pelicanprogear.com
Plano – Guide Series 1470 Waterproof Case
Plano's Guide Series waterproof cases are designed for items that can't get wet. The durable shell offers crushproof protection and the case is water tight. The case is ideal for mobile phones, SD cards and any number of items that don't handle moisture well.
- Airtight and leakproof storage
- Strong polycarbonate structure
- Soft rubber lining prevents your valuables from sliding around
- Additional layer of soft rubber is used to conceal the contents of the interior
- Padlock tabs for secure storage
- Patent-pending latch with pressure release
- Exterior dimensions: 14" L x 9" W x 5" H
- Interior dimensions: 12" L x 7" W x 4.625" H
For more information, visit www.planomolding.com
Nikon 7072 Lens Pen Cleaning System
An easy-to-carry lens pen may save the day in the duck blind, with any number of substances splashing on and smudging your lens. This durable lens pen from Nikon works well with all types of cameras and optics and may come in handy when you least expect it.
- Small, pen-style design easily fits in any camera bag
- Soft brush retracts into pen body to stay clean
- Removes fingerprints, dust and other debris that may compromise your image
- Works with all types of cameras (digital and film), as well as binoculars, telescopes and other optical products
For more information, visit www.nikonusa.com
Vanguard – QUOVIO 41 Photo/Video Bag
Waterfowl-hunting weather can be detrimental to camera equipment, so be sure to protect your gear with a durable equipment bag. Quick access to equipment and protective padding are a must with any bag headed for the duck blind.
- Multiple ways to carry: Deluxe strap, thickly padded handles, trolley attachment loop, ICS Harness (sold separately) compatible
- Numerous accessory pockets
- Water-resistant bottom with anti-shock feet
- Rain cover
- Compartment for laptop up to 14"
Joby GorillaPod Flexible Tripod
Having a tripod is a must, but trying to squeeze a full-size tripod into a small duck blind or boat doesn't work in most situations. The Joby GorillaPod flexible tripod comes in handy when working up close, or in tight spaces.
- Flexible tripod designed for digital cameras weighing up to 9.7 ounces (325 grams)
- Fits into your purse, backpack or jacket pocket
- Innovative segmented leg design to ensure secure mounting
- Standard universal 1/4" screw for attaching your camera to the tripod mount
- Lets everyone get into self-timer shots
Canon Lens Cloth
Amateur videographers and photographers often overlook the necessity of a simple lens cloth in their pocket or equipment bag. Safely wipe moisture from your equipment with this Canon lens cloth.
For more information, visit shop.usa.canon.com
Cabela's Heavy-Duty Bench Tripod
Cabela's is offering a heavy-duty bench tripod that is easy to transport and solid enough to work in even the most extreme waterfowling conditions.
- Full featured, rock solid stable
- Lightweight aluminum
- High-impact plastic construction
- Two-way pan head
- Safety quick shoe with retractable video pin
- Elevator friction control
- Rubber-tipped feet
For more information, visit www.cabelas.com
Ducks Unlimited Waterfowler's Journal App
Take photos from the blind and store them in DU's Waterfowler's Journal along with the details of the day's hunt.
For more information, visit our Mobile Apps page