- Mix the salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, white pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture over the duck in a bowl and toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Mix the remaining seasoning and half the flour in a bowl. Add to the duck and toss to coat.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in a heavy saucepan until very hot. Add the duck and fry until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the duck to paper towels to drain.
- Add the remaining 1 cup oil to the saucepan and heat over high heat, stirring constantly and scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk in the remaining flour gradually. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the mixture is very dark brown, whisking constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the onion, bell pepper and celery.
- Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat.
- Stir in the sausage, garlic, okra and duck.
- Simmer for 15 to 24 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt, black pepper and hot sauce. Serve over rice.