- Mix the water, cilantro, salt, honey, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and pickling spice in a large container.
- Add the duck breasts. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours to overnight. Drain and discard the marinade.
- Pat the duck dry with paper towels.
- Mix the jam and chipotle chile in a saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain through a wire mesh strainer into a bowl, if desired.
- Grill the duck over high heat to medium-rare, moving infrequently so that grill marks form on the duck.
- Baste the duck lightly with the apricot glaze just before done.
- Remove the duck to a cutting board and let stand for a few minutes.
- Slice the duck diagonally and arrange on serving plates.
- Drizzle with the remaining apricot glaze and garnish with chopped cilantro or scallions.
- Serve with wild rice or your favorite side dish.