- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win
- Void where prohibited
- Internet access required
Contest Entity: Ducks Unlimited, Inc., One Waterfowl Way, Memphis, TN 38120 ("Ducks Unlimited")
How to Enter: To enter, take an original digital photograph of waterfowl, waterfowl hunting, or retrievers in compliance with these Official Rules. Then visit the Ducks Unlimited website at www.ducks.org/photocontest and follow the directions, including completing all registration information. Limit 3 entries per person.
Contest Dates: During the Contest Period there are a series of events which start and end on or about the dates and times noted below:
|Events START at 12:00:01 AM CT on Dates Noted
||Events END at 11:59:59 PM CT on Dates Noted
|PHOTO SUBMISSION PERIOD
November 1, 2012
|Jaunuary 31, 2013
|WINNING PHOTOGRAPHS PUBLICATION
||MAY/JUNE 2013 ISSUE of DUCKS UNLIMITED MAGAZINE
Eligibility: The contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry and who are current members of Ducks Unlimited at the time of entry. Anyone who has ever been compensated for photography previously published in Ducks Unlimited magazine is not eligible to enter. Employees of Ducks Unlimited and their families are not eligible to enter. Only an original digital photograph you created will be eligible to win. You must verify on the entry form that the photograph is your original creation, and is not borrowed, previously published in any way (print or Internet), or copied from another source. An entry may only be submitted by a single individual. Group entries will not be accepted.
By submitting an entry, you agree that your photograph, if selected as a winner or runner-up, may be published in Ducks Unlimited magazine and posted on the Ducks Unlimited website. Once submitted, a photograph may not be deleted, canceled, or modified.
Entries must be received by January 31, 2013, to be eligible. For the purpose of this Contest, an entry is a digital photographic submission that follows the technical, creative and legal requirements disclosed in the Official Rules. Receipt of an entry occurs when Ducks Unlimited's server successfully receives the uploaded digital photograph and records the required entry information. Your photographs may be submitted anytime during the Photograph Submission Period at www.ducks.org/photocontest. Follow the instructions to upload your photograph. You may not enter more than 3 photographs in the Contest. By submitting a photograph and entry materials, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Ducks Unlimited.
All photographs submitted must show waterfowl, waterfowl hunting, or retrievers. All entries must adhere to the submission requirements described in the Official Rules or be subject to disqualification.
Photograph Format: An entered photograph must be digital. No slides or prints will be accepted for the contest or returned if mailed to Ducks Unlimited. Digital photographs must be at least 2100 pixels wide X 1500 pixels high at 300 dpi. Images that do not meet this standard will not be entered in the contest and judged.
Your entered photograph may not:
- Include any element in which the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property right recognized by statute, judicial decision or regulation are not owned by you; or which are used without permission (such as company names, music, photographs, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media) of its owner or which are not in the public domain; contain or use materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other identifying elements of any person, living, or dead without permission; refer to a public figure; contain content that is threatening, harassing, obscene, indecent, pornographic, hateful, profane, malicious, racist, defamatory, libelous, treasonous, excessively violent or that promotes the use of violence, promotes illegal drugs, or any other offensive or inappropriate content all as determined by Ducks Unlimited in its sole discretion; defame, misrepresent, or disparage persons or companies, including, but not limited to Ducks Unlimited; promote a political agenda regardless of the political affiliation; and
- violate any applicable law, treaty, court order, ordinance, or regulation or contains any content that may violate any applicable law, treaty, court order, ordinance, or regulation.
The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate in this Contest in any way is prohibited. Automated, script, macro or robotic entries submitted will be disqualified.
The Ducks Unlimited magazine staff will review each photograph received and will accept as official entries only those photographs on the Contest website that conform to these Official Rules, as determined by Ducks Unlimited at their sole discretion ("Eligible Photograph(s)"). By entering, entrants agree that their photographs may be published in Ducks Unlimited magazine and may be posted at www.ducks.org. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules, as determined at Ducks Unlimited's sole discretion, will be disqualified from the Contest. Decisions of Ducks Unlimited are final and binding.
Judging to Determine Winners and Runners-up: All eligible photographs received during the Photograph Submission Period will be judged by a panel composed of members of the Ducks Unlimited magazine staff ("Panel").
Based on the Panel's scores, an overall winner and runner-up will be selected, and a winner and runner-up will be selected in each of these three categories: waterfowl, waterfowl hunting, and retrievers. The judges' decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
Potential Finalist and Alternate Notification:
If you are a Potential Winner or Runner-up you will be notified by e-mail on or about March 8, 2013 and will be required to sign and properly execute the following documents and return them via e-mail or facsimile to Ducks Unlimited by March 11, 2013 (and subsequently by mail by March 18, 2013 per instructions to be provided): (1) a Personal Release; (2) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Waiver; and (3) a Publicity Release. If any document sent to you is returned as undeliverable or if you fail to properly execute and return all documents described herein in the time noted, or if you are found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, you will be disqualified and, at the sole discretion of Ducks Unlimited the next highest scoring Eligible Photograph may be selected at the sole discretion of Ducks Unlimited.
The Winners and Runners-up will be published in the May/June 2013 issue of Ducks Unlimited
magazine and may be posted on the Ducks Unlimited website thereafter.
Designation as a Winner or Runner-up is subject to proof of compliance with Official Rules, maintaining compliance with these Official Rules and approval by Ducks Unlimited.
By participating in the Contest, you represent and warrant that:
- your idea and photographic submission and all elements thereof satisfy the Official Rules; you have obtained all of the rights, licenses, and permissions in writing from each person (or from parent/legal guardian if person(s) in submitted photograph are considered minors in their state of residence) who appeared in or helped to create the submitted photograph and the submitted photograph does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights; the submitted photograph is your original work; the submitted photograph has not previously been published or won an award or prize of any kind; the submitted photograph does not include any element in which the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property right recognized by statute, judicial decision or regulation that is not owned by you or is not in the public domain; the submitted photograph is not subject to any third party agreements, and that Ducks Unlimited will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of the use, exhibition or exploitation of the idea or photograph or elements therein; the submitted photograph does not contain content that is threatening, harassing, obscene, indecent, pornographic, hateful, profane, malicious, racist, defamatory, libelous, treasonous, excessively violent or that promotes the use of violence, promotes illegal drugs, or any other offensive or inappropriate content that is likely to be considered offensive by Ducks Unlimited or could adversely affect the name, reputation, or goodwill of Ducks Unlimited; the submitted photograph does not refer to a public figure; promote a political agenda regardless of the political affiliation; and
- the submitted photograph does not violate any applicable law, treaty, court order, and ordinance, or regulation or contain any content that may violate any applicable law, treaty, court order, ordinance, or regulation.
Winners and Runners-up must consent to the use of their name, likeness, and biographical information in advertising and promotional material without additional compensation.In consideration of participating in the Contest, you hereby grant to Ducks Unlimited non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publish, delete or display such submission, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised without any further right of approval. You authorize Ducks Unlimited and any entities affiliated or in privity with Ducks Unlimited to utilize, for eternity and in any manner they see fit, the photograph submitted to Ducks Unlimited, and to make derivative works from such material. You agree that the results and proceeds of such use shall become the property of Ducks Unlimited and/or Ducks Unlimited's licensees, and shall be freely assignable by Ducks Unlimited and that Ducks Unlimited and its assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to you.
By participating in the Contest, you agree that neither Ducks Unlimited nor any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, volunteers, agents and employees, nor any Internet access providers (collectively "Released Parties") are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure of any telephone, computer or other network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access the Ducks Unlimited website, for problems uploading or downloading any Contest-related materials from the website, or for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incorrect or incomplete entry.
Ducks Unlimited reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof at any time for any or no reason, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions: (a) failure to comply with the Official Rules; (b) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Ducks Unlimited's opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (c) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (d) the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned.
By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any violation of the Official Rules by you (including any warranties made by you), any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with your participation in and/or entry into the Contest. If you attempt to tamper with this Contest in any way you shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question.This Contest is governed, interpreted and enforced under the laws of the State of Tennessee without regard to its conflicts of law principles. As a condition of participating in this Contest, you agree that any and all legal actions, claims or proceedings arising out of, or in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Shelby County in the State of Tennessee.
For purposes of these Official Rules, any entry information collected from the Contest shall be used in a manner consistent with these Official Rules, and the Privacy Policies of Ducks Unlimited.