Georgia Ducks Unlimited State Convention and Volunteer Appreciation Event. This year's convention will be held the weekend of July 15-17th on beautiful Jekyll Island at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel. For those that have never visited Jekyll Island it is the premiere natural gem of Georgia's Golden Isles!
The theme for this year's convention will be volunteer appreciation. Day-in and day-out Georgia's DU Volunteers are the ones working tirelessly towards our conservation goals and we want to show you how much your efforts are appreciated and needed. It's time for you to have the opportunity to kick your feet up and relax to the sounds of beach music while enjoying your favorite beverage!
The convention will begin with dinner on your own Friday evening followed by fellowship and celebrations in the award winning , hospitality room! This year will we once again offer the Super Duck raffle package jam-packed with incredible items Saturday morning features a true Southern breakfast along with our annual Year in Review featuring guest speakers covering every aspect of our favorite topic: DUCKS! The afternoon will give you the opportunity to explore the island, dig your toes in the sand, or shop many of the areas establishments.
Georgia DU 2016 Convention Agenda Outline
Friday, July 15th
- 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Registration
- 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Low Country Boil at Beach Pavilion
- 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 am- Hospitality Suite- Spirits, Raffles, and More!
Saturday, July 16th:
- 6:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Breakfast for Meeting Attendees
- 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Breakfast for Spouses and Children
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Georgia State Leadership Meeting
- State of the State- Marc Demott State Chairman
- DU National Report- Paul Bonderson, President of Ducks Unlimited
- Region 7 Report- Brett Baker, Director of Fundraising and Volunteer Relations
- Conservation Updates-Greg Balkcom, State Waterfowl Biologist and Jamie Radar, DU Biologist
- Development Update– Shawn Battison, Director of Development
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. State Council Meeting
- 10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Free Time (Golf, Beaches, Shopping, etc.)
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Major Donor Reception, Hospitality Suite
- Meet and Greet with Marc Demott, State Chairman, Matt Dubnik, State Campaign Chairman, and Shawn Battison, Director of Development
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:00p.m. Cocktail Reception
- 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Georgia State Awards Banquet and Dinner
This is going to be a weekend that you don't want to miss. Registration is online at www.ducks.org/georgia