DU PA Mission
Ducks Unlimited Pennsylvania is a volunteer driven, membership-based conservation state organization of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. Our sole purpose is to raise funds to conserve, restore and manage wetlands and associated habitats for North America's waterfowl, including Pennsylvania. These habitats also benefit other wildlife and people. By doing this through a variety of fun, effective and successful fundraising means, we return more to the resource than we take and we make a lasting difference greater than the sum of our individual efforts. We share a pride in these results because they benefit the people of Pennsylvania and North America for both today and tomorrow.
DU PA Three Year Goal ( to be achieved August 2005 – August 2008 )
Fund protection & enhancement of 12, 000 additional acres of waterfowl habitat through:
1. Recruit, Recognition & Retention
Recruit 2 new volunteers per chapter, per year, state wide.
Recognize volunteers through Appreciation Events.
Retention – keep volunteers involved, keeping fun in fundraising.
Organize 6 new Chapters or restart per year
Work with existing chapters towards having a second event.
3. State Efficiencies
State goal is 60 % Net/Net to Gross
10/30 Reporting – State goal 100% compliance
3 to 1 return on raffles.
4. Major Donor Program
Establish Major Donor Committee in 2006
Set Goals - 6 Life Sponsor
- 4 Major Donor upgrades
- 2 Feather Society Members
1. Recruitment at all levels: grow our volunteer numbers by 12 % per year to achieve specific goals in numbers of chapters, events, membership and income.
2. Communications: improve awareness within our volunteer core of DU conservation projects, programs and achievements throughout North America, including PA.
3. Leadership Development: review, revise and prioritize State Leadership responsibilities, including Area Chairs, Zone and District Chairs.
1. Publicize goals and communicate plan
2. Provide training at state and district workshops
3. Measure, monitor and communicate progress
4. Make adjustments and communicate as necessary