Ducks Unlimited Member Forums

Once Fired 12 Gauge 2.75" Hulls

Posted 2/7/2014 9:28:11 AM

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:24:29 PM
Guys & Dolls...I've been loading my own hunting rounds for a few years now.  As I've been trying out new recipes, I've been using different colored shotgun shells from the appropriate manufacturer to match the recipe.  When I'm out hunting it's easy for me to differentiate by color what I've got in the gun.  I'm running out of sufficient numbers of colors for some makers, like white & blue Federal Field or Top Gun hulls.  Also, there's a smooth purple Fiocchi hull that I only have a few of.  I'm sure there's others.  All you really need is 100 of any particular hull.  I usually only do 25 at a time, and I get more than one reload out of a hull anyway.  I've had excellent success with 1oz ITX in a Fiocchi load, and a 1.25oz Bismuth in a Federal Load, Pink of course for Pepto-Bismuth sure to cure what ails the giant canada goose hunter...

So I propose swapping what I have extra of, like Red Federal Top Gun, Nobel Sport Orange or Remington Gun Club Green, for what I need. 

Anyone else try this out yet?  Do I have too much time on my hands in the off season?  Don't answer that last one...

DU NH Zone Chairman, NRA Life Member, White Oak Gun Club Director
Post #775600
Add to Twitter Add to Facebook