Ducks Unlimited Member Forums

BROWNING MAXUS TRIGGER PROBLEM

Posted 10/2/2012 2:29:23 PM

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 12/26/2013 2:12:49 PM
I WAS JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE TRIGGER MALFUNCTIONING. SOMETIMES AFTER THE FIRST SHOT,I WILL PULL THE TRIGGER TOP FIE THE NEXT SHOT AND THE TRIGGER ACTS LIKE IT IS ON SAFE. THIS IS FRUSTRATING
Post #770334
Add to Twitter Add to Facebook
 Posted 10/2/2012 3:04:32 PM

Last Login: 8 hours ago
Ha Ha LOL.    Sorry.. Yes I've sent mine back three times now.  In fact its in the repari shop now. The gun has more frequest flyer miles than I do.  Went to Saskat with a double gun as a backup.  Anyway the first time it happened I was shooting sporting clays August 2011 after getting the gun had maybe 100 rounds through it,  On a following pair gun failed to fire took it apart checked what I could nothing happening .  Sent it back they " fixed it" got it back middle of 2011 goose season you guessed it  on my eighth and final goose went to finish it same thing pulled the trigger and thought the safety on recyled it nothin going,  Sent it back came back fixed took it to North Dakota shot fine.  Didnt shoot it all summer shot my other guns at sporting clays. Anyway couple Saturdays ago Deja Vu  same exact thing happnened,  Back to Browning with all the letters and replies I got,  called first the guy said I was firing it too fast and thats the only issue they have had,,,  apparantly breaks the spring .. I corrected him and told me what they told me last year.  I asked if the new Auto Fives have the same trigger   he said no,  Even the Maxus has a new trigger!!!

Anyway called customer service this AM  got a really nice guy told him I dont want the trigger in the gun fixed I want a whole new trigger group.  He said they would do that.  So theres your answer in short.  Great gun never jamms just doesnt shoot,  But take heart  guy in my group in Saskatchewan had a new Benelli that was basically a single shot the whole trip..  So do we take a chance on " Come hell or High Water!!  When the gun comes back I'm going to shoot it and shoot it before I can have faith in it again.  I'll be hauling tow to the blind for awhile,  Changing my name to two gun
Post #770335
 Posted 10/2/2012 4:27:47 PM

Last Login: 3/31/2014 11:06:10 AM
I'm only a year in with mine, but I've had no issues. Good luck.

-God Bless
Post #770338
 Posted 10/9/2012 11:42:33 AM

Last Login: 8 hours ago
What did cust service tell you your Maxus???  I got mine back today called up they told me my trigger group was filthy.  I had completely stripped the gun cleaned it prior to sending it back.  The trigger group was spotless.  I'm an armorer for several different guns so I know how to clean a gun. Gonna go shoot it now.  My faith in it is gone.  Joe
Post #770477