Mossberg 935 troubles

http://www.ducksunlimited.org/news-media/messageboards/Topic775941.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Ricefield duckaholic - 4/17/2014 9:15:51 PM
I have had a mossberg 935 for almost 3 years now and have really been pleased with its performance. I clean it usually 2-3 times a season thoroughly along with quickly cleaning it after each hunt. This season it has started not completely closing after each shot, thus not plowing a follow up shot. After every hunt this occurred I completely cleaned it which would help for a little while. Any suggestions on what to do? It's something with the bolt because it is cycling to the next round but the charging handle (which comes back about an inch when you pull on it before the bolt starts to come back) will not go all the way forward and complete the closing of the bolt. Any advice is greatly appreciated
By duckman57 - 4/18/2014 7:47:02 AM
Get a spotlight and look closely at every bearing surface (where things touch) for any gook, seeds, etc.  Disassemble things as far as you're comfortable and use toothpicks to probe everywhere for junk.  It'll surprise you what you can find after you think you've given the gun a good cleaning.  Also, with the spotlight, you might see wear problems otherwise hard to uncover.