Longlines for decoys

http://de.ducks.org/news-media/messageboards/Topic775117.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Hassan - 12/11/2013 8:50:11 PM
I've got a Stealth boat and was thinking I might get into a situation in which I need to longline my decoys. The water depth varies quite a bit, from 1' to possibly 15', and I'm looking for a solution to floating some diver decoys without having to get 20' lines on each decoy. Longlines seemed to be the way to go but I'm not sure if I should buy a rig (looking at Doctari and Rig Em Right) or make my own. Anyone have any insight into longlines? Thanks in advance for your help.
By duckheadone - 7/17/2014 8:55:28 AM
What is your current or tide?  If you are in a pond or lake should not be a problem.  The wind may move them around to look natural  on flowing water, I have found long lines tend to be just that long lines of decoys that don't look natural.  I have gone to using a series of parralel long lines to produce the desired group setting.  I use lines that are 100 to 150 feet long  with anchors on both ends.  Decoys have 4 foot lines with a clip on each to attach to the main long line.  I do put a 2 oz barrel sinker on each to send the line straight down and not be seen.  Hope this helps. Duckhead