Pulled duck breast

http://www.ducksunlimited.org/news-media/messageboards/Topic774645.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By agengo02 - 11/6/2013 3:32:23 PM
I just wanted to post up another idea for cooking ducks.  This works really well with snow geese too, but my latest batch was all teal.

Soak the teal in salt water for a couple of days to get rid of most of the blood left.

Using a crock pot:

Just add the teal breasts, bbq sauce (I usually fill up the bottle with water, shake, and add it in too), montreal steak seasoning, worcestershire, and horse radish to the crock pot and cook everything on low for 2-3 hrs.  I usually check/stir every hour and big duck breasts will take longer.  Make sure there is enough liquid to keep the breasts totally covered throughout the cooking process.  When they are done (should be cooked through, yet soft and pliable) pull them out of the crock pot and shred each breast with 2 forks.  Add the bbq sauce mixture from the crock pot back into the meat and eat like you would a pulled pork sandwich.  VERY good way to feed the masses with an excellent meal.  My wife HATES the gamey taste of duck and can always tell when I slightly overcook them on the grill, but she will out-eat me on these pulled duck sandwiches.

Pro tip: add bacon fat to crock pot for a little something extra.

Also, if you really want to impress the wife, look into souis vide method.