Benelli M2 Field vs. Franchi Affinity

http://www.il.ducks.org/news-media/messageboards/Topic773069.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Knollie81 - 6/27/2013 10:56:42 AM
Looking at purchasing a new 12 gauge shotgun for the upcoming season and am considering both the Benelli M2 Field and the Franchi Affinity at this point.

From what I have heard, both guns are very similar and are even made in the same Benelli factory in Italy.  Both guns do feature the Inertia drive technology but the spring on the Benelli M2 is located in the buttstock while the Franchi Affinity's is located under the forearm.  Next, the Benelli M2 field features the Comfortech Stock while the Franchi does not.

Are there any other differences that I am missing besides these?  Does the Comfortech Stock really make that much of a difference vs. the Affinity stock?  Are the finish and feel of the guns comparable? I am open to any thoughts and suggestions since I am really torn here in considering which to get.  The M2 seems to be about $400 more than the Affinity and just wanted thoughts from some folks that may know about either or both of these models.

Thanks.
By u2crewdawg - 7/24/2013 3:22:27 PM
I have both Benelli M2 Field 28" in Max 4 and a Franchi Affinity 28" in Max 4, they are both fine guns, to be honest i like the Affinity a bit more, the balance and fit is perfect for me, the benelli is build a little better but the Affinity is a quality gun, i liked the Affinity so much i bought another in 20 gauge for my upland gun.
By Swamper - 7/24/2013 8:13:13 PM
don't own an affinity, but I do own an M2. Have owned just about every make and model over 4 plus decades. M2 the best waterfowler I've owned to date. love it. 
By Knollie81 - 7/25/2013 12:01:10 PM
Thanks fellas.  My decision was actually made alot easier when recently I attended a local gun show and got a second hand black synthetic Affinity for $499.  Upon further inspection, it looked like the gun was brand new and had not even been fired.  The vendor later told me that the gun and all the others on the same table were all from the same guy who was apparently a collector that never used them. Only down side is that it wasnt in Max-4 though I'm thinking I will just have it dipped.

Anyway, I am very happy with the gun thus far and am looking forward to opening day of dove season to put it to good use.  Got a hell of a deal and couldn't justifying paying more than 2x as much for the M2 though I had initially been leaning that way.
By u2crewdawg - 8/2/2013 8:46:32 AM
Awesome dude! I have the 20 gauge affinity in black, its one of my favorite guns. no real need to dip it unless it makes you feel better :)