THE best Goose call

http://www.ducks.org/news-media/messageboards/Topic473110.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Lynchmobman - 1/25/2007 7:58:49 PM
What do you guys think the best goose call on the market is. I think its a lynchmob executionar or a grounds super mag
By GooseAbuse06 - 1/25/2007 8:53:53 PM
I have the pro super mag and have been satisfied with it. It can get a high as you want, but then come back with the low cluck or feeder. I also like the Rich-n-Tone G2.
By mike21 - 1/27/2007 10:15:11 AM
i personally think the foiles high planes or the market hunter are some of the best calls
By Garwood - 1/29/2007 9:23:57 PM
Anything electronic that sounds like 2 thousand real geese feeding.
By Duke6017 - 1/30/2007 8:45:00 AM
Quoting: Garwood | 1/29/2007 9:23:57 PM
----------------------------------------
Anything electronic that sounds like 2 thousand real geese feeding.

========================================

Doesnt seem like much fun to me... just my opinion though. 

My favorites are the SS series.  They are new to the market... but I think they will make an impression.
By Garwood - 1/30/2007 10:18:09 AM
its always fun when you have 100 snows floating and backstroking over the decoys with an electronic caller compared to 2 or three that only pass by at about 50 yds. 
By Chuck Daily - 1/30/2007 6:43:29 PM
I have a long honker from big rivers game calls.  It is an old flut but its the easist to use I think just blow and it sounds like a goose. can't go wrong
By or trapper - 2/3/2007 10:56:46 PM
    Bird hunting is with electronic calls should be banned it is to easy and real calls do not require much skill!
By or trapper - 2/4/2007 2:56:59 PM
    Yeah some of my best friends are farmers and I know the affects but it still is to easy to use a electronic call.
By Garwood - 2/6/2007 9:55:10 AM
Yeah, electronic calls are amazing, but its not always as easy as it seems.  Spring snows are still very weary and hard to get to commit.  You still have to scout, you still have to set out a couple hundred decoys and still have to pray for low clouds, fog, or high winds.  So you cant say that electronic calls make goose hunting easy, especially on the texas prarie where the birds have been shot at for three months.  Plus, killin a crapload of birds for all your hard work and all the days you didnt kill alot of birds is what makes it fun.  Now is the time for revenge on snow geese.
By Lynchmobman - 2/6/2007 2:42:43 PM
Quoting: Garwood | 2/6/2007 9:55:10 AM
Yeah, electronic calls are amazing, but its not always as easy as it seems.  Spring snows are still very weary and hard to get to commit.  You still have to scout, you still have to set out a couple hundred decoys and still have to pray for low clouds, fog, or high winds.  So you cant say that electronic calls make goose hunting easy, especially on the texas prarie where the birds have been shot at for three months.  Plus, killin a crapload of birds for all your hard work and all the days you didnt kill alot of birds is what makes it fun.  Now is the time for revenge on snow geese.

Hunting should be harder than pushing a button
By Garwood - 2/7/2007 3:33:19 PM
Who says it should be hard?  Isnt the point of hunting to be enjoyable and experience what God has given us?  Its not about workin hard and receiving nothing,  but minimizing efforts and maximizing utility and earnings.  If things were supposed to be hard then farmers would plow our rice fields with mules and we would walk to work, but instead we make life easier on ourselves and maximize our earinings.  I understand your appreciation of the thrill of the chase and enjoying the hunt not the sluaghter, but just because you use an electronic caller doesnt mean that you will kill geese.  Ive been on hunts where we had electronic callers and the conditions were right and only walked away with a handful of birds. 
By Baer108 - 2/8/2007 2:56:58 PM
sometimes only a handful of birds is a good day.

i use the primos killa honky tonk, not the best call out there but I've got my 80 or 90 bucks out of it.
By redbeagle2 - 2/11/2007 7:03:16 AM
who makes the SS series goose calls you refer to? Gardner?
Thanks
By Duke6017 - 2/11/2007 8:45:12 AM
Quoting: redbeagle2 | 2/11/2007 7:03:16 AM
Thanks

Yes.  Buck Gardner is the call maker.  Buck teamed up with Shawn Stahl (hence the "SS" name).  Shawn is the 2000 World Goose Calling champion.  There are two models that Shawn and Buck came up with.  The SS1 (Shortbarrel) is a smaller call, which is for the more advanced caller and is built to sound like the lesser Canada goose. A great hunting call.  The SS2 (longbarrel) is tuned to sound like Giant Canada Geese and is a great competition goose call.  You can check them both out at www.buckgardner.com.  IF you have any questions please let me know!
By FOWLPLAYER07 - 2/12/2007 1:26:29 PM
I would have to say that THE GRAND BY PRIMOS is one of the best calls out there on the market. Even for a beignner!!. It is well worth the $100.  You can also make the (come in) call by Get-em locked with a little fine tunning. You can get this call at www.getemlockedup.com
By Fontana Outdoors - 2/15/2007 10:59:37 PM
The only way to go is the Bill Saunders Traffic low  gander to high pitch lesser sounds
By NJ217bands - 2/17/2007 11:16:19 AM
I called in Canadas and snows with Faulk's for $8.95. Snows landed in my decoys many times.
By duckhunter14 - 2/23/2007 11:30:31 PM
Quoting: Duke6017 | 2/11/2007 8:45:12 AM

Quoting: redbeagle2 | 2/11/2007 7:03:16 AM
Thanks

Yes.  Buck Gardner is the call maker.  Buck teamed up with Shawn Stahl (hence the "SS" name).  Shawn is the 2000 World Goose Calling champion.  There are two models that Shawn and Buck came up with.  The SS1 (Shortbarrel) is a smaller call, which is for the more advanced caller and is built to sound like the lesser Canada goose. A great hunting call.  The SS2 (longbarrel) is tuned to sound like Giant Canada Geese and is a great competition goose call.  You can check them both out at www.buckgardner.com.  IF you have any questions please let me know!

Buck Gardner Calls Pro Staff

I was just wondering if buck gardner had any videos or literature or anything about learning how to call.. i've been hunting for a while but i've always had the dog and my uncle always called when i was back home in Ohio but now i'm in texas and hunting on my own.. I need to sharpen up my calling skills b/c i don't know a lot about it.. i have the fowl play videos and i love them and know a little bit about Buck Gardner stuff and i like it i was just wondering if you had any pointers?
By pwfhunts - 2/25/2007 12:03:25 PM
i am also interested in the same type of info.
By Duke6017 - 2/25/2007 7:28:17 PM
Yes, Buck has both duck and goose instructional CD's.  The are called Straight Talk.  You can get them online at www.buckgardner.com, and I believe Cabelas and Bass Pro sell them in a package deal with a poly carbonate Double Nasty or Tall Timber.  Buck does the duck cd and Shawn Stahl does the goose CD. 
By AmericanWigeon - 2/26/2007 11:34:50 AM
I like my canada hammer (acrylic) Oldie but Goodie. You can't go wrong with an SS1 or SS2

By LockEm&RockEm02 - 4/5/2007 8:14:43 PM
I have the primos Honky Tonk and it is really good after you mess with the reed a lil bit. I'm thinking about buying a Foiles to add with it.
By bowman - 4/6/2007 1:47:51 PM
If money is no option for you, then I'd say that Foiles Migrators are
the best top of the line goose calls followed by RNT calls. Foiles
goose calls range in price around $150 but they pay for themselves in
the long run, and sound great.  Remember, a call is something you will
have for the rest of your life, and may even be passed on to your
children and grandchildren.  Even so, I think you will be happy with
watever you decide to get.
Personally I prefer wooden calls rather than acrylic because 1. they
cost less; 2. they are more forgiving; and 3. I like the more raspy
sound that a wooden call makes--more realistic.
By Prairie - 4/7/2007 6:33:39 PM
Quoting: bowman ssundet@gmail.com | 4/6/2007 1:47:51 PM
Remember, a call is something you will
have for the rest of your life, and may even be passed on to your
children and grandchildren.  Even so, I think you will be happy with
watever you decide to get.

I once justified buying a very nice shotgun for this very same reason. One flip- of-a-canoe later, it turns out I was wrong.  Now I shoot an 870.

The rest of your life is a long time, so if you're accident prone, I'd go cheap.
By migrator - 4/24/2007 3:29:50 PM
foiles smh or the high plains honker, easy to learn on and tune to get the sound you want
By JoJer - 5/9/2007 9:58:58 PM
     Perry,
             You look down at your lanyard and find you have half a call hanging on it?
By dukegoose - 6/3/2007 8:47:34 PM
If your looking for a great call for big geese, try a Feather Duster Goose call.
They are a small company out of Grand Forks.  There calls sound great and they are very easy on the pocket book.  There new full acrylic goose call will be out mid June.

www.featherdustercalls.com