Wetlands are ecological powerhouses. Small or large, wetlands do great things for wildlife, people and communities. The video above gives a quick glance how wetlands benefit you and me.
Wetlands occur all over the world. They are called sloughs, potholes, playas or marshes. To be a wetland, they must be less than six-feet deep. There are different sizes and types depending on:
Many go through a cycle of wet and dry times, which is important to keep the wetland’s plants and insects healthy and thriving.
Wetlands are some of the most important and threatened ecosystems on the planet.
How you can help wetlands
- Sign up for our NDwetlands newsletter below
- Join Ducks Unlimited and help conserve wetlands
- Share this page with others
- Learn how to conserve wetlands on your property. Contact local offices of USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, NDSU Extension, or Ducks Unlimited’s Great Plains Regional Office (701-355-3500).
- Support youth activities, including: