This year's MT DU State Convention will be held August 15-17th, 2014 - at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Missoula.
DoubleTree by Hilton - Host Facility -$149
(406) 542-4611 (ask for Courtney) - (Allow Dogs)
DU Room Block Expires in late July
Other Hotel Options:
Best Western Grant Creek Inn - $89 (Allow Dogs)
Comfort Inn - $104 (Allow Dogs)
Reloading Room Raffle - Bring your favorite bottle of liquor, wine or beer and receive a raffle ticket on a gun and several other nice prizes. Bring your favorite wild game snacks and share them in the Reloading Room with fellow MT DU Volunteers. This is always a big hit!
AR15 - Bushmaster Carbon Superlight with Optics (.223 caliber) - Only 30 tickets will be sold - $100 each. Call Barry at (406) 780-0523 to get your tickets. Only 30 tickets will be sold. When they are gone.....you're out of luck! Do NOT wait to get your tickets on this or you may not get one!
Schedule of Events:
Friday, August 15th:
1-5 PM ~ State Council Meeting (Open to all)
3-5 PM ~ Registration
5-6 PM ~ Reloading Room Open
6-9 PM ~ Volunteer Celebration/MT DU State Awards
9 PM - ??? ~ Reloading Room Open
Saturday, August 16th:
7:30 - 9 AM ~ Duck Hunter's Breakfast (Hot Breakfast)
8:30 AM - Noon ~ Conservation Programs Session
You won't want to miss this year's great line up of speakers. Come learn how the dollars that you help raise are put to work conserving vital habitats for North America's waterfowl and other wildlife species. You will hear from the world's best biologists how DU is on the cutting edge of science and technology to make sure the DU dollar goes as far as it possibly can!
Noon - 1 PM ~ State Chairman's Luncheon
1 - 4 PM ~ Free Time with a ton of options:
- DU Training - to include Front Desk Check In/Out program, Volunteer Gear (online resources for todays' DU volunteer) and a new budgeting tool to make your event the very best it can be!
- Trap & Skeet Shooting at the Missoula Trap and Skeet Club (you must tell us if you plan to do this activity as we have to provide them with a head count).
- Visit 1 of any 12 breweries in the Missoula area.
- Visit the RMEF National Headquarters and visitor center.
- Fly fishing on the Clarks Fork River. If you would like a guide call Joe Sowerby with MT Flyfishers Connection at (406) 370-2868
- Play a round of golf at th e Canyon River Golf Course
4 - 5:30 PM ~ Cocktails for Conservation Program (Major Donor Program)
5:30 - 10 PM ~ Missoula Gala Banquet & Total Asphalt Repair (Statewide Raffle) Drawing
10 PM - ? ?? ~ Reloading Room
Sunday, August 17th:
Departures On Your Own