TERM OF OFFICE - two years
Develops and promotes the activities of Ducks Unlimited within the state, in accordance with established corporate policy and guidelines. Appointed by the President on recommendation of the Senior Vice President - Flyway and Regional Vice President.
1. Lead implementation and monitoring of state strategic plan.
2. Provide assistance to the Marketing and Media, Webmaster and Newsletter Chairpersons for continuing communication plans.
3. Develop volunteer education programs for Zone and Area Chairpersons.
4. Conduct regular conference calls/meetings with Regional Director and Flyway Vice-President.
5. Oversee state leadership meetings and the State Convention
6. Appoint state officers and committee. With input from State Executive Committee.
7. Oversee and manage state budget and incentives.
8. Represent Maryland DU at state flyway and national meetings.
9. Attend national convention and leadership conferences.
10. Educate successor.
STATE COUNCIL - Consists of State Committee Officers, Past State Chairmen, Past State Officers, Past Trustees and National Delegates and other volunteer leaders who have rendered important services to Ducks Unlimited. The State Council is to provide valuable counsel and advice to the State Committee in matters relating to policies, procedures, organization and fund-raising campaigns.
Maintain state bank account and make disbursements as authorized by State Chairperson and Ducks Unlimited Inc. operating policy.
Prepare annual state operating budget with State Chairperson and Regional Director.
Apply for state rebate funds through Regional Vice-President.
Serve as state auditor - for area committees.
Monitor committee bank accounts as needed.
Maintain detailed records of expenditures and prepare financial reports
Attend state committee meetings.
(Maryland has two, Eastern Shore and Western Shore)
TERM OF OFFICE - Recommended term, two years--appointed by the State chairman.
Develops and promotes the activities of Ducks unlimited, Inc. within the assigned district, in accordance with established corporate policies and guidelines
1. Coordinates programs of Zone committees and Local Chapters within the district.
2. Assists in the development, promotion and implementation of membership programs, fund-raising activities and public relations programs to achieve district goals, in accordance with established corporate policies and guidelines.
3. Regularly communicates with Zone, and State Chairman regarding activities within his district.
4. Serves as a member of the State Committee, participates in the State Committee's meetings
5. Attends banquets and fund-raising events as representatives of the State Committee (gratis ticket).
6. Makes suggestions and recommendations to the State Chairman for the improvement of DU.
7. Responds to inquiries of members and potential members, responsible for committee growth and volunteer recruitment.
8. Coordinates the selection and acquisition of State Art Package.
(Maryland has 10 Zones, with each one having 3 or 4 local chapters)
TERM OF OFFICE - Recommended term, two years--appointed by the State Chairman
Develops and promotes the activities of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. within the prescribed area composing his assigned zone within the state, in accordance with established corporate policies and guidelines.
l. Serves as Chairman of the Zone Committee and helps coordinate programs of Local Chapters within the zone. Attending and Supporting the planning and organizational meetings at the chapter level
2. Serves as a member of the State Committee, participates in the State Committee's meetings
3. Attends banquets and fund-raising events within his zone as representative of the State Committee (gratis ticket).
4. Assures prompt collection of funds and reports generated by the Local Chapters within the zone, if necessary.
5. Assists in the development, promotion and implementation of membership programs, fund-raising activities, and public relations programs to achieve zone goals, in accordance with corporate policies and guidelines.
6. Responsible for obtaining current Committee Rosters (and forwarding to RD)
7. Coordinates communication with Chapter Chairman and informs the District Chairman and State Chairman regarding activities within the zone on a regular basis
8. Coordinates the Zone Workshops
9. Makes suggestions and recommendations to the Chapter, District and State Chairmen for the improvement of DU.
10. Responds to inquiries of members and potential members, responsible for committee growth and volunteer recruitment.
11. Responsible for State Art Package logistics to the local chapter
MAJOR GIFTS CHAIRMAN
1. Establish and appoint members to state major donor committee.
2. Establish and maintain a leadership role in assisting state and local committees. Providing an educational plan to establish and continue growth at sponsorship levels.
3. Initiate a plan to create awareness of previous major sponsors, their level of giving and a plan of having them reinvest in the future of Ducks Unlimited.
4. Attend state committee meetings.
5. Build on Previous Major Donor Success.
6. Assume primary responsibility for achieving annual state major donor goals.
7. Create and annually update written template for putting on a tribute event.
8. Organize and oversee statewide Major Donor outings.
9. Attend state committee meetings.
10. Assist in identifying and educating future replacement.
STATE SPONSOR CHAIRMAN
1. Lead state sponsor committee in developing new sponsor incentives
2. Write sponsor related articles for State Newsletter and Web site.
3. Develop sponsor recruitment education for Zone workshops.
4. Coordinate the delivery of any state sponsor incentive premiums.
STATE GREENWING CHAIRMAN
1. Responsible for implementing Priority Initiative - Benefiting Youth Through Greenwing Programs.
2. Write Greenwing related articles for state newsletter and web site and provide photographs.
3. Work with chapters on innovative Greenwing programs
4. Attend state committee meetings.
5. Organize State-wide/regional Greenwing event.
6. Assist in identifying and educating replacement.
1. Provide communication via letter, email and phone correspondence at the direction of the State Chairperson.
2. Maintain a list of all State and Local Committee Officers, including name , address, telephone number and e-mail address.
3. Record the minutes of State Committee Meetings
4. Attend all State Committee meetings.
STATE PUBLICITY CHAIRMAN
1. Lead implementation of external publicity and marketing strategy.
2. Encourage and support articles from area chairpersons and members of state committees.
3. Coordinate press releases and public service announcements to statewide news media, including all Maryland News publications. Coordinate Public Relations efforts with National HQ.
4. Attend state committee meetings and conference calls.
STATE SINKBOX (NEWSLETTER) CHAIRMAN
1. Responsible for the Publishing annual newsletter to Maryland DU members.
2. Identify and solicit underwriting and advertising with help from state committee and local chapters.
3. Prepare a budget for newsletter and submit to State Chairperson.
4, Edit all information submitted for State News Letter.
5. Work with Sinkbox Advertising Chairman or committee to secure advertising funds to assure Sinkbox production and mailing is self funded.
State Sinkbox Advertising Chairman
1. Responsible for the solicitation and renewal of advertisers
2. Assures collection of advertising committments, working with the State Treasurer
3. Overseas the advertising solicitation efforts of the local committees
4. Advertising goal is to produce positive cash flow to fund the design, production, and distribution of the newsletter
5. Works with local chapters and the State Sinkbox Chairman
1. Work with National HQ to continue Maryland webpage through DU, Inc. website community.
2. Post local chapter events to the Events Search pages on ducks.org
3. Update webpage at least quarterly, including new pictures.
4. Promote Maryland DU via the establishment of links to underwriters, conservation agencies, etc.
5. Direct email traffic generated from the web site to appropriate members of the State Committee
6. Attend State Committee meetings.
STATE SHOOT CHAIRPERSON
1. Chair and lead committee to provide for the statewide Chesapeae Classic Shoot
2. Support publicity of Maryland DU shooting events via appropriate use of State newsletter and web site.
3. Work with committees to develop and promote shooting events.
4. Act as liaison with DU's National Shooting Committee.
5. Attend state committee meetings.
VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT CHAIRPERSON
1. Develop and implement a State Volunteer Recruitment Action Plan.
2. Solicit the assistance of a committee person from every Area Chapter to act as a committee.
3. Provide education to each Area Chapter and the State Committee as to how to enact the plan.
4. Track and record the efforts of the committee to induce new membership.
5. Provide with the Special Events Chairperson a state wide Recognition Event for the benefit of new member recruitment.
STATE LICENSE TAG CHAIRPERSON
1. Maintain a data base with all DU motor vehicle tag records included.
2. Maintain a state DU checking account, for the purpose of acquiring license plates from the State Motor Vehicle Department.
3. Coordinate answers to questions from DU members regarding the License Tag program
4. Liason to coordinate all paperwork and registration with Maryland MVA
AREA (Local Chapter) CHAIRMAN
TERM OF OFFICE - Recommended term, two years - Selected by the chapter / committee. By policy, one person cannot serve simultaneously as Area Chairman and Local Chapter Treasurer.
Develops and promotes the activities of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. in a specific local area, in accordance with established corporate policies and guidelines.
l. Serves as Chairman of the Local Chapter, serves on State Committee and expected to participate in the State Committee's annual meeting.
2. Assists in the development, promotion and implementation of membership programs, fund-raising activities, and public relations programs to achieve Local Chapter's goals, in accordance with established corporate policies and guidelines.
3. Responsible for all funds collected and forwards directly to National Headquarters.
4. Responds to inquiries of members and potential members, responsible for committee growth and volunteer recruitment.
5. Informs the Zone Chairman of local activities.
6. Makes suggestions and recommendations for the improvement of DU.
7. Responsible for obtaining current Committee Rosters (and forwarding to RD)
l. Reports to the State Chairman through the Zone Chairman and District Chairman.
2. Coordinates and works with Regional Director and other DU staff in the state.