In January, members of the Cloud County (KS) Chapter of Ducks Unlimited were thrilled to learn the group had drawn one of seven 2014 Kansas Commissioner's Big Game Permits. The Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) has a long and successful partnership with Ducks Unlimited and the commissioner's big game permits are just a small part of this partnership.
Each January, since 2005 the KDWPT has offered seven select big game permits to Kansas
non-profit conservation organizations. The winning organizations are able to sell these permits to the highest bidder to generate dollars for Kansas conservation projects
. Upon selling the permit, the chapter retains 15% of the revenue generated for their habitat mission. The remaining 85% of funds generated are utilized for a KDWPT approved habitat project of the chapter's choice.
Beginning March 2, 2014, at 08:00 CST (well before the Kansas non-resident deer application deadline in late-April) Ducks Unlimited will hold an online auction for one (1) state wide, any deer (whitetail or mule), any-season permit available to residents and non-residents of Kansas. The any-season permit is valid during the muzzleloader, archery, or rifle seasons with equipment valid for that season. Those interested in bidding should visit https://www.proxibid.com/asp/AuctionsByCompany.asp?ahid=4215
and register as a bidder. The auction will start at 08:00 CST on Mar. 2, 2014, and finish at approximately 19:00 CST on Saturday, Mar. 8, 2014. Please feel free to contact the local area chairman (Steve Williams, 785-243-5772 or email@example.com
) with any questions regarding the permit or bidding process.
Ducks Unlimited Inc. and the Cloud County, Kansas Chapter would like to thank the KDWPT for the opportunity to offer such a coveted prize to generate much needed dollars for wetland habitat conservation in Kansas and across the country. Please visit any of the reference sites (below) for additional information. We look forward to visiting with the successful bidder on Mar. 8, 2014.
Take care, good luck, and happy bidding!
KDWPT Deer Information
Kansas Ducks Unlimited