- 3 or 4 mallard (or other puddle duck) breasts
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 (6-ounce) packages dried mixed tropical fruit
- 11/2 cups spiced rum
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- hot cooked wild rice
- Place the duck in a sealable plastic bag.
- Mix the orange juice, water and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl and pour over the duck.
- Seal the bag tightly and turn to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours to overnight.
- Remove the duck and pat dry with paper towels.
- Discard the marinade.
- Grill the duck over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove the duck to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Mix the fruit, rum and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the fruit is plump and the liquid is reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the duck, olive oil and almonds.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Serve over wild rice.