Submitted by Richard Walton of Bay City, Texas
- Breast fillets of 6 teal
- 12-oz. carton of pico de gallo
- 1/2 bag baby spinach, stems removed
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 stick butter or margarine
- 2 cups grated cheddar or American cheese
- Cut breast fillets into 1/4- to 1/2-inch strips, season lightly with salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Melt butter in skillet and saute duck until mid-rare.
- Add approximately 10 oz. pico de gallo and continue sauté.
- When duck nears medium doneness, add spinach and lightly saute to wilting. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 4 tortillas on cookie sheet and cover with Jack cheese. Using slotted spoon, drain duck and spoon over cheese, covering tortilla.
- Liberally sprinkle cheddar or American cheese, then top with 2nd tortilla.
- Bake 20 minutes at 300 degrees, flattening periodically.
- Remove from oven and cut each quesadilla into 4-6 triangles.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and a nice Cabernet.