- 6-8 large duck or goose breasts, skin removed
- 3 tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 6 small burger buns
- 1 1/2 cups prepared coleslaw
- Rub meat with lemon pepper seasoning. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and brown meat evenly on both sides. Transfer to a lightly greased baking dish and toss with onion.
- Pour beef broth over, cover and place in a 375-degree oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and check for doneness. Meat should pull apart easily. If not, return to the oven (you might also need to add some more beef broth, just enough for about a 1/2-inch layer in the dish) and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Once done, allow meat to cool and shred with a knife or just pull apart with fingers. Return shredded meat to baking dish, toss with barbecue sauce, cover and heat for 20 minutes.
- To make sandwiches, place a portion of the shredded meat on the bottom of the bun. Top with coleslaw and serve.