Topped with shaved parmesan cheese and served atop warm pasta, this dish is fast, easy and delicious. For thin slices, cut duck into thin strips with a sharp knife while still partially frozen.
- 4 duck breasts soaked in salt water, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 jar favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 2-lb. package shredded mozzarella cheese (or blended cheeses)
- 4 servings spaghetti noodles, partially cooked
- Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs or homemade Italian-seasoned batter (flour and milk)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Rinse and drain duck. Soak in milk.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in deep fryer or skillet. If using skillet, oil should be 1inch deep.
- Remove duck one piece at a time and coat with breadcrumbs or batter.
- Fry duck pieces until they have a crispy, golden-brown crust.
- Layer partially cooked noodles, diced tomatoes, about 1/4 of spaghetti sauce, fried duck breast, shredded cheese and then remainder of sauce in medium glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.