Submitted by James Schierstein of North Tonawanda, New York
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 lb. Andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 goose breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pkg. frozen cut okra
- 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- dash hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. filé powder
- 8 cups water
- 3/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 4 cups rice, cooked and hot
- Slow cook goose breast until tender, then set aside.
- In heavy pan or skillet, make roux using oil and flour. Cook until dark brown.
- Brown sausage, onion and green pepper in skillet. Drain fat.
- In pot, combine roux, goose okra, sausage, vegetable mixture, celery, water and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 1 - 1/2 hours.
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.