- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 jalapeño chiles, chopped (optional)
- 8 boneless skinless duck breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Mix the soy sauce, oil, sugar, ginger, lemon juice, honey, garlic, green onions and jalapeño chiles in a bowl.
- Add the duck and stir to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours or longer.
- Drain and discard the marinade.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes; drain.
- Thread the duck cubes onto skewers, leaving a small gap between each cube.
- Grill over medium heat to medium-rare doneness.
Note: A charcoal grill is recommended since the oil in the marinade may cause problems with a gas grill.