Duck boats have come a long way in the last couple of decades. The faded paint, patched-hole jon boats of the past have given way to innovative fabrication techniques, unlimited customizations, and durability that doesn't compromise performance. The following boats are only a handful of what's on the market today, but this selection should cover the needs of duck and goose hunters who want to spend their season on the water.
War Eagle Boat 961 Blackhawk
War Eagle Boats, the official boat partner of Ducks Unlimited, announces the War Eagle 961 Blackhawk. The Blackhawk is built on an 18-degree, aluminum V-hull that creates a smooth ride even when the weather gets rough and water gets choppy. This 19-foot, 6-inch boat, along with the wings transom, has a reverse chine giving it exceptional cornering ability for tight maneuvering ability. The 961 Blackhawk is constructed for high performance with a variety of motor sizes. It is available with either center or side console, with or without live well, and with varying standard equipment.
- Full skin out with carpet, vinyl or spray liner
- 16-gallon fuel tank
- Bait well and cushion with back rest
- Side handrails on console
- 9" windshield
- Bilge pump
- Bracket with wiring for 24V trolling motor
- Running lights with rocker switches
- Leaning post with 4 rod tubes
- Bow storage
- Metal gas tank cover
- 2 passenger seats with storage
- 2 seats with spiders
- 2 pole extensions
- 4 cleats Wings transom
Find other War Eagle duck boats and options at http://www.wareagleboats.com.
Gator Tail 1854 Extreme Series with new 37 GTR EFI Electronic Shift
Gator Tail, the official mud motor partner of Ducks Unlimited, recently released the Gator Tail 37 GTR EFI that features Electronic Shift Technology (EST). Combining that with an 1854 Extreme Series boat, Gator Tail offers uncompromised quality and performance in this fully customizable hunting or fishing boat. The stepped chine design allows for superior sharp turn handling combined with a dry ride and maximum speed. This new engine technology is one of the many customizations you can make to the Extreme Series boats.
- One Piece .125" 5086 Aluminum Hull
- 2" x 2 3/4" custom extruded longitudinal ribs
- .100 deck and floor
- Full floor, no gutters
- 20" side height
- 21" transom
- 6" 6061T6 channel for transom
- Heavy duty gunnel rail stainless steel rivets for sub-floor
- 4' deck with pedestal base
- Under deck storage
- Trolling motor bracket
- Self-Ddraining deck
- 20-qt K2 summit cooler
- Rear driver's stand-up grab bar
- Stern lifting dide crimp
- Drop deck front hatch
For more information and full customization options, visit http://gator-tail.com.
Xpress Hyper-Lift® Series
This Pad Hull duck boat is built for speed and durability. Xpress Boats Hyper-Lift® Hull is spacious, yet offers the sleek profile needed to chase ducks in any marsh or slough. Xpress offers the Hyper-Lift Series in 18- and 16-foot models. The construction and design of this boat is based upon the performance line of bass and bay boats and now leads Xpress' hunting series.
- 63" Bottom
- 75" Beam
- 22" Sides
- 21" Transom Height
- 637 lb. Weight
- Aluminum 5052 Gauge 0.100
- Maximum HP 50
- Overall Package Length 20' 6"
For more information, visit http://www.xpressboats.com/hunting/.
MoMarsh FatBoy DP
Built in the Missouri marshes by avid waterfowlers. MoMarsh FatBoy DP is designed to get into backwater sloughs and marshes where others can't access. Agile and stable enough for push poling deep into the marsh, yet the FatBoy DP also has a transom with a 2-horsepower motor rating.
- Designed for greater stability, shallower drafting, straighter tracking and smoother turning
- Fits into the back of all truck beds and can be stacked one on another
- Removable plug allows for easy draining
- Built-in transom for attachment of gas or electric motor
- Stable enough to stand in while poling or paddling
- Large carrying capacity, can easily handle hunter, dog, gear and 6 dozen decoys
- Tunnel hull design
- Built-in Flotation chambers fore and aft
- Built-in carrying handles front and rear
- Length: 11' 10"
- Height: 15"
- Width: 44"
- Weight: 90 lbs.
- Cockpit Length: 7'
- Cockpit Width: 29"
2016 TRACKER® GRIZZLY® 1648 MVX SC
One of our best values in a complete aluminum jon boat, motor, and trailer package, the GRIZZLY 1648 MVX SC (side console) is as versatile as it is durable. The quality of construction is the same as that of its larger GRIZZLY brothers, with a unitized, all welded hull, stringer, and transom for a lifetime of performance you can count on. The 1648 SC features a big front deck, a wide beam, 2 seat pedestal bases, and a roomy interior that makes this boat as comfortable as it is rugged. And it's finished with our industry-exclusive Forest Green powder-coat finish for extreme durability, and backed by the best factory warranty in aluminum boats.
- An all-purpose, all-welded 16' side-console boat, motor, and trailer package
- Factory-rigged w/a Mercury® ELPT FourStroke outboard
- Exclusive VERSATRACK® accessory mounting channel in gunnel
- 7° deadrise, all-welded Mod V hull for better handling and a smoother, drier ride
- Welded-in longitudinal stringer system and transom for a unitized hull
- Welded-in, foam-filled interior side walls for quieter ride and structural strength 2 built-in seat pedestal bases for a variety of seating options
- Flotation meets or exceeds NMMA and U.S. Coast Guard requirements
- Forest Green powder-coat finish w/optional Grassland or Woodland camo patterns
For more information, visit http://www.trackerboats.com.
G3 2016 Gator Tough 1756 CC
G3's Gator Tough 1756 CC has a 12-rib construction with one-piece extruded ribs form the basis of this sturdy platform. All models are prewired for optional 12-volt trolling motors. Long decks with lockable storage keeps gear secure and offers even more casting space. These models sport tough fiberglass reinforced consoles and "weight-forward" design with a mid-ship fuel tank.
- Welded .100 gauge hull
- Marine-grade vinyl floors
- Galvanized tubular steel
- Trail Guard® trailer with locking detachable tongue
- 13-inch radial tires
- Tongue jack and wind guides
For more information, visit http://www.g3boats.com/2016-gator-tough-1756-cc.
Phowler Boats Extreme Series
The Phowler Extreme Series is a high performance, fully functional aluminum boat. The base hull design is a unique hull bend that produces superb handling. The Phowler Extreme is built with a fully longitudinal stringer system that is assembled outside the hull, and then pressed into place, producing a strong backbone. The floor is completely level: no cross stringer sticking up to trip over or limit placement of options. The Phowler Extreme is a balanced hull that planes quickly with little or no bow rise, eliminating the transom dragging or tail squat that makes shallow water starts more difficult.
- .1255086 Grade One Piece Hull
- Rear Pods Seats
- .090 Standard Floor
- Movable Gun Box
- LED Running Lights
- Six Switch Fuse Panel
- 12 Volt Accessory Plug
- Extended Deck Storage
- Tank and Battery Bracket
- 20" Transom and Standard OD Green Finish with Gator Grip Paint
For more information, visit http://www.phowlerboatcompany.com.
Bankes Boats 25' Titan
Bankes Boats presents the 25-foot Titan. Built and constructed for avid big-water duck hunters, the Bankes 25 Titan offers the space to hunt with 6 or 7 people comfortably and safely. The Titan is designed and built using the Bankes exclusive Reverse Tunnel Chine design, or RTC for short. The RTC design offers a smoother, drier ride as the bow has a sharp V entry to slice through the waves and transitions to a flat running pad surface which blends into the rounded reverse chines. The reverse chines running the full length to turn the spray back down, keeping your hunting party dry and warm.
- Front and side decoy curtains
- Navigation lights
- Bilge pump 39-gallon fuel tank with remote deck fill and gas gauge
- Side-mounted console with rack and pinion steering
- Waterproof electrical panel with breakers
- Two cockpit lights
- Two 12-volt receptacles
- Wiring and battery switch for dual batteries
There is also molded in a rear transom door to make getting in and out of the boat much easier. Bankes also offers a wide variety of custom options. For more information, visit http://www.bankesboats.com.