Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
This dish can be prepared several hours in advance and warmed in a 300-degree oven before serving. I usually add roasted garlic to this recipe, but since the pepper-coated ducks are loaded with flavor, I've toned it down a bit so the flavors don't compete.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Drain cooked potatoes well using a colander. Transfer to a bowl while still very hot and mash together with half-and-half, butter, and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.