Submitted by: Donna Tonelli of Spring Valley, Ill.
- 2 dressed mallards
- 1 14-oz. can beef broth
- 1 16-oz. jar unsweetened raspberry jam
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 c. white vinegar
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- Cover ducks with cold water. Add white vinegar and soak overnight.
- To prepare ducks, rinse. Crush garlic clove with large broad-blade knife and place one in each duck cavity. Add large spoonful of jam to cavity.
- Place ducks breast-up in oven-safe plastic bag and add can of beef broth. Seal bag and cut small slit in top.
- Place bag on cookie sheet and roast until meat pulls away from breast bone. Should take approximately 1 ½ hours at 350 degrees. Ducks will self-baste in bag and skin will become brown and crispy.
- Remove duck from oven. Cut small hole in corner of bag and pour off 1 cup of broth. Leave ducks sealed in bag to rest while you prepare the sauce.
- Add remaining jam and balsamic vinegar to broth in small sauce pan. Bring to boil and simmer to reduce to a thick sauce.
- Split ducks by removing back and breast bones. Spoon sauce over duck halves and serve.