Submitted by: Dennis Widme of Deer Island, Ore.
- 8 skinless duck* breasts
- 1 c. red berry wine
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 can cream of celery soup (undiluted)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. flour (for dusting)
- Luhr-Jensen Smokehouse Waterfowl Seasoning (or similar)
- Mix wine, soup, onion & celery in bowl.
- Place meat on platter and sprinkle seasoning on each side. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Dip meat in milk, dust with flour and lightly brown in oil.
- In casserole dish, layer ingredients. Start with soup mix, then meat and finish with more soup mix on top.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Serve with boiled red potatoes (skins on), green beans (slow cooked with bacon), reduced sauce for gravy and your favorite red wine (such as Oregon Pinot Noir).
*Recipe can be made using skinless goose, chukar, pheasant or other breasts in place of duck.