Submitted by: Lenny Maiorano of Rutheford, N.J.
- 6 teal breast fillets, skinned, OR 2 large duck fillets (e.g., mallard) cut into 6 pieces
- 1 heaping tsp. K-Paul's Blackened Steak Magic
- 3 Tbsp. whole butter
- 6 oz. chicken stock (paper quart container is best)
- 4 oz. dry red wine
- 1 heaping Tbsp. Hero or other brand of apricot preserves
- Lightly season all duck fillets with seasoning spice.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in an 8-inch saute pan.
- When foaming of butter subsides, add seasoned duck breasts skin side down to the pan. Turn after breast is seared and well browned (approximately 2-3 minutes per side) or until desired doneness.
- Remove breasts from pan, place on warm plate and cover with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes during sauce preparation.
- Deglaze saute pan with red wine and reduce by half. Add chicken stock and reduce again by half over high heat.
- Stir in apricot preserves until melted. Add any remaining juices to pan. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. of butter and swirl pan. Turn off heat.
- Slice duck breasts and fan out on warmed plates. Pour sauce over and serve at once with your favorite sides! Serves 4 people for appetizers or 2 people as an entree.