Submitted by: James Schierstein of North Tonawanda, N.Y.
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. oil
- 1 lb. Andouille sausage, cut into ½" slices
- 1 goose breast, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- ½ c. green pepper, chopped
- ½ c. celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pkg. frozen cut okra
- 1½ tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- dash hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. filé powder
- 8 c. water
- ¾ c. green onions, sliced
- 4 c. rice, cooked and hot
- Slow cook goose breast until tender, then set aside.
- In heavy pan or skillet, make roux using oil and flour. Cook until dark brown.
- Brown sausage, onion and green pepper in skillet. Drain fat.
- In pot, combine roux, goose okra, sausage, vegetable mixture, celery, water and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 1 - 1½ hours.
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.