- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat and brown the ground meats.
- Add ¼ cup minced onion, green pepper and garlic and saute until softened.
- Add the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat off and add the sour cream.
- Cover and set aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, ½ cup chopped onion, jalapeno chile and cilantro. Mix well.
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
- When the oil is hot, dip each segment into the hot oil and fry until crisp, about 3 or 4 minutes each.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spread some of the meat mixture on the tortilla chips, then a bit of the cheese, and top with the salsa.
- Makes about 40 bite-size snacks.