Submitted by: Martin McGuire of Bennington, Neb.
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- ¼ c. sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. shortening
- 3¼ c. flour
- ¾ to 1 lb. ground duck, browned
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- 1½ c. shredded cabbage
- ¼ c. water
- ¾ t. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Beat egg in mixing bowl, then add melted shortening, sugar and salt.
- add contents of bowl to dissolved yeast. Stir in flour.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Brown ground duck in oil. Add onion, cabbage, water, salt and pepper.
- Add onion, cabbage, water, salt and pepper. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Cool before placing on dough.
- Roll dough into oblong shape and cut into 8 squares.
- Divide duck mixture evenly among squares. Pull four sides up and press edges together.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake 20 minutes in a 350-degree oven.