Submitted by: Craig Heyer of Vista, Calif.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 - 1½ lb. cubed duck breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 28-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 15-oz. cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans
- 4 medium white potatoes, in ½" cubes
- Shredded cheddar cheese & green onion
- In a 6-quart stock pot, heat vegetable oil.
- Add ground beef, duck breast, onions and garlic.
- Cook about 10-15 minutes until meat is browned and onions are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except the beans and bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the 4 cans of beans and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish each serving as desired.