6. Thou shalt clean thy kill neither at the ramp nor in the parking lot – We as hunters need to realize that a lot of non-consumptive users – birdwatchers, photographers, hikers, school groups – use our nation's public areas, and that the image we leave at the ramp or in the parking lot reflects on us as a whole.
7. Thou shalt be familiar with and abide by waterfowl regulations – Another no-brainer. Ignorance, says the wildlife officer, is no excuse; however, it can come with a hefty fine.
8. Thou shalt know the area boundaries, and though tempted, stay within them – This one's not only a public relations issue, but a legal one as well. If it's marked Keep Out... well, then, KEEP OUT.
9. Thou shalt leave thy temper at home – Think about it. Do you really want to get into a shouting match with a complete stranger that you know has a gun? Enough said.
10. Thou shalt work harder than most – Nowhere in the world does the old adage, "Hard work and perseverance will be rewarded," hold truer than the realm of the public-land waterfowler. Do your homework and go that extra two miles, and you may have that mallard hole to yourself.