Getting the most out of your days afield is the goal for many waterfowl hunters. Having the right gear can make or break a day in the duck blind. This month, the DU E-newsletter editorial staff is featuring "Game Changers." These items can make a difference when facing tough weather conditions, wary birds or call-shy geese.
MoMarsh Fat Boy DP
MoMarsh is offering a layout boat that will get you anywhere you want to hunt. The Fat Boy DP brings stability and versatility to your waterfowling plan.
- ALL NEW DESIGN for greater stability, shallower drafting, straighter tracking and smoother turning
- Fits into the back of any truck bed and can be stacked on one another
- Screw-in plugs allow for easy draining
- Built-in transom for attachment of gas or electric motors
- Stable enough to stand in while poling or paddling
- Large carrying capacity can easily handle hunter, dog, gear and six dozen decoys
- All-new tunnel hull design
- Built-in flotation chambers fore and aft
- Built-in carrying handles front and rear
- Lightweight at only 76 lbs.
- Coast Guard Approved
- Available in Mud Brown and Olive Drab
- Length: 11'10"
- Height: 15"
- Width: 44"
- Weight: 76 lbs.
- Cockpit Length: 7'
- Cockpit Width: 29'
- Draft Depth Empty: 2"
- Draft Depth Loaded: 4"
- Capacity: 425 lbs.
- HP Capacity: 2.5 Horse Power
- Construction: Hand-laid and -chopped fiberglass laminate
- Accessories: Dock Cleats – factory installed upon customer's request
More info: www.momarsh.com
2011 Grizzly 450 Automatic 4x4 EPS
From moving blinds in the pre-season to hauling decoys, the Yamaha Grizzly 450 EPS is the ultimate mid-size all-terrain vehicle. It offers Yamaha's industry-leading electric power steering, a new one-piece frame and an all-new rear sealed wet brake. It also incorporates Yamaha's Ultramatic® automatic transmission with CVT clutch system. On-Command® 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with full diff-lock, and four-wheel independent suspension. The Grizzly 450 EPS is available in Hunter Green, Steel Blue and Realtree® AP™ HD camo.
- Grizzly 450 Auto. 4x4 EPS has many of the same great features as big brothers Grizzly 700 and 550, including electric power steering and four-wheel independent suspension, and is powered by a fuel-efficient, liquid-cooled engine.
- Electric Power Steering system lightens steering for superior comfort and terrainability.
- Almost 10 lbs. lighter than previous Grizzly 450 models, even with the addition of Electric Power Steering, providing an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission is the most advanced drive system in ATV-ing. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode.
See the Grizzly 450 EPS in action »
More info: www.yamaha-motor.com
Coleman Portable Propane Skillet
Duck-blind breakfasts can be taken to a whole new level with the Coleman portable propane skillet. From bacon and eggs to grilled cheese sandwiches, this skillet is the perfect match for any duck-blind chef.
- Powerful propane skillet with 8,000-BTU burner
- Burner adjusts from simmer to boil
- Painted steel exterior and non-stick skillet surface
- Large 100-oz. capacity perfect for cooking for large groups
- PerfectFlow™ pressure control system
- PerfectFlow™ system regulates fuel flow for constant, even heat
- InstaStart™ ignition for easy, matchless lighting
- Perfect for frying fish, scrambling eggs and simmering soups
- Runs up to 2.5 hours on high on one 16.4-oz. propane cylinder (sold separately)
- Limited 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: 17"L x 12.5"W x 10.2"H
More info: www.coleman.com