The e-newsletter editorial team has compiled some notable new waterfowl hunting gear for April 2009:
Broad Leaf Camouflage Nets
New Camo Systems pattern for '09!
Waterfowl hunters have enjoyed few choices to conceal themselves outside of traditional burlap and die-cut blind materials in past years. Camo Systems camouflage netting and all-new Broad Leaf camouflage nets offer true three-dimensional coverage. The unique cut makes the blind appear more lifelike with real foliage appearance. Take the products, cover your blinds and leave it. The netting performs year after year and stands up to the toughest environments as a result of features that truly work in the field. Camo Systems offer more than 100 camouflage net configurations with endless color and size options to suit any environment.
Features include: UV treatment, 100% Waterproof materials, Poly Urethane coating, Rot/Mold resistant, Compactable, 3-D leaf like foliage, Reversible Color Combinations, Lightweight strong and durable, Quiet and rustle free, Treated to Eliminate Shine & Glare, Non-toxic materials and the nets are Pliable from -40° to 140°.
For more information: www.camounlimited.com.
Drake the DU dog, made himself at home inside an Avery Finisher® Dog Blind while snow goose hunting with the DUTV crew in March 2009.
Finisher® Dog Blind
The Avery Finisher® Dog Blind (FDB) sets up to 28" wide x 40" deep x 24" tall for even the largest dogs and collapses to an incredible 15" x 4" x 4". The top section is constructed from double-PU-coated 600D polyester, and the floor is constructed of super-strong 900D polyester with double PU coating.
See-through mesh doors allow your dog to see out, but wary birds cannot see in. Use the Avery CamoStraps to brush the FDB for maximum concealment. Steel anchors at each corner keep the blind rigid and secure in any wind. Zippered carrying case is included. Weight 5 lbs. Available in Mossy Oak® Shadow Grass®.
Framed Waterfowl Migration Maps
Coming to a Ducks Unlimited event near you!
Two maps to choose from: Surface Feeding Ducks, Swans & Geese of North America, and Diving & Sea Ducks of North America.
- Based on the iconic, limited-edition maps by Richard Bishop and Joseph Sims originally created in 1934 and 1937
- Scientifically accurate collaboration by former DU Chief Biologist Dr. Bruce Batt and notable wildlife artist David Maass
- Provide geographical points of reference including states, provinces and territories
- Include 47 individual species maps with descriptions, length and wing span information
- Major migratory flyways and habitat regions of most critical importance are noted
- Signed and numbered limited-edition posters
- Framed dimensions are approximately 30" x 40"
- Prints are exclusive to DU banquets
These framed maps are available at local DU events only. Find one near you!