Each spring, Ducks Unlimited announces its Sweet 16 list of top-producing volunteer university chapters throughout the nation. This elite group is considered the best of the best when it comes to fundraising and overall chapter strength.
To qualify for this year's Sweet 16, chapters must have raised more than $15,000 during the calendar year. In 2013, university chapters raised over $1 million dollars for the ducks; this was the single largest fundraising year in university chapter program history. The sweet 16 chapters were responsible for raising $692,000 alone.
"Ducks Unlimited's university program continues to be a vital part of our organization's mission. It is a valued revenue generator for our conservation efforts, as well as an important source of organizational awareness and leadership," said David Schuessler, DU's National Director of Event Fundraising. "I congratulate not only the Sweet 16 chapter volunteers but all college students who have chosen to support DU through university chapters, and I encourage those who have not attended an event to come share in the excitement and fun!"
This year's Sweet 16 college chapters are:
- Aggieland, College Station, Texas
- Lamar University
- East Carolina University-Pirate Chapter
- Purdue University
- Mississippi State University
- North Carolina State University
- The Citadel
- University of Tennessee
- Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Tiger Chapter Ducks Unlimited at Louisiana State University
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington
- Colorado State University
- Martin Mallards Chapter
- Texas A&M University - Kingsville
- Clemson University
- Stephen F. Austin University
Don't see your school in the list? Find out more about how to bring Ducks Unlimited to your school!
View the Sweet 16 press release
View the 2012 DU Sweet 16 list