Each spring, Ducks Unlimited announces its Sweet 16 list of top-producing volunteer university chapters throughout the nation. This elite group is considered the best of the best when it comes to fundraising and overall chapter strength.
To qualify for the 2016 Sweet 16 competition, chapters had to raise more than $28,000 during the calendar year. In 2016, university chapters raised $2.3 million dollars for the ducks; this was the single largest fundraising year in university chapter program history. The sweet 16 chapters were responsible for raising $1.5 million alone.
"Ducks Unlimited's university program continues to be a vital part of our organization's mission. It is a valued revenue generator for our conservation efforts, as well as an important source of organizational awareness and leadership," said David Schuessler, DU's National Director of Event Fundraising. "I congratulate not only the Sweet 16 chapter volunteers but all college students who have chosen to support DU through university chapters, and I encourage those who have not attended an event to come share in the excitement and fun!"
This year's Sweet 16 college chapters are:
- Louisiana State University
- Texas A&M University
- Colorado State University
- University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
- North Carolina State University
- University of Mississippi
- University of Georgia
- University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Lamar University
- Milwaukee School of Engineering
- East Carolina University
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- McNeese State University
- University of Louisiana-Lafayette
- Georgia Southern University
- Southeastern Louisiana University
Don't see your school in the list? Find out more about how to bring Ducks Unlimited to your school!