There is strong support for restoring Clean Water Act protections to wetlands in Congress. See if your Members of Congress are on the list of past/current Clean Water supporters! If not, ask them to get on board!
Farmers Uniting to Support Clean Water
Across the country, farmers and farm groups are uniting to support restoring Clean Water Act protections to wetlands that have lost them since 2001.
Read their stories and find out who else supports Clean Water
World-famous duck call maker Will Primos calls on DU members to support the Clean Water Restoration Act!
Read the message now
Wetlands Working Group
There are many organizations working with Ducks Unlimited to protect these at-risk wetlands. The core of these make up the Wetlands Working Group, a coalition of conservation groups that have experience and expertise in conserving wetlands and advocating for wetlands protection and restoration in Congress and the federal government.
Many states are also very supportive of protecting our waters and wetlands. The following state agencies have endorsed the Clean Water Restoration Act as a way to protect wetlands and water resources.
Governors and Lead State Agencies
- California (State Lands Commission)
- Maine (DEP)
- Michigan (and Michigan’s DEQ)
- New Mexico
- New York
- Oregon (and Department of State Lands)
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
Former Environmental Protection Agency Administrators
- William Ruckleshaus, served under Presidents Nixon and Reagan
- Russell Train, served under Presidents Nixon and Ford
- William Reilly, served under Presidents George H.W. Bush
- Carol Browner, served under President Clinton
- G. Tracy Mehan, III, Assistant Administrator for Water in George W. Bush administration
Newspaper Endorsements of Clean Water Restoration Act