Submitted by Brad Barricklow of Sylvania, Ohio
- 2 wood duck breasts
- 1 bag fresh field greens
- 8 oz. balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz. crumbled Bleu cheese
- 8 oz. pine nuts
- Balsamic vinegar to top
- Place 8 oz. balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan.
- Turn heat to medium-high and reduce vinegar to a thick syrup.
- In a glass dish, baste duck breasts with balsamic syrup and bake in preheated 350-degree oven until breasts reach 140 degrees internally. This keeps them slightly red inside.
- Meanwhile, toss greens on a chilled plate.
- Toast pine nuts gently in a small pan. (Don't overcook them!)
- Sprinkle pine nuts and Bleu cheese on greens.
- Slice breasts thinly and arrange on top of greens.
- Drizzle unreduced balsamic vinegar over dish.
Serve at once with your favorite bottle of wine. Enjoy!