Submitted by Gary MacMurtrie of Groves, Texas
- 10-12 duck breasts
- 1 12-oz. pkg pork sausage
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 pound bacon
- 5 stalks celery
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 bundles green onions
- 3 jalape±o peppers, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 32 ozs. chicken broth
- Tony Chachere's creole seasoning, Lawry's season salt or Tex-Joy
- Cut duck breasts into approximately 1-inch pieces. Place cut duck into a bowl and season well with Tony's, Lawry's or Tex-Joy.
- Cut pork sausage into 1/4-inch slices and cut bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Place all meat in a large pot on medium heat with the lid on. The meat will start to brown and produce juice (gravy). Stir occasionally.
- While the meat cooks, chop the yellow onion, celery, bell pepper, green onions and garlicup After 12-15 minutes, add them, as well as the jalape±os and mushrooms, to the pot.
- Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables and season again with Tony's, Lawry's or Tex-Joy.
- Replace lid and cook on medium-low heat for 3 1/2-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- As the mixture cooks, prepare 2 cups of rice over which to serve the ducks.